Samsung Electronics Canada is seeking a Research Scientist in Machine Learning to join the SAIT AI Lab (SAIL) Montreal, a newly established academic-style research lab whose mission is to advance our fundamental understanding of deep learning technology and its applications. The candidate is expected to conduct world-class research in machine learning.
- Conduct original research in machine learning related to (but not limited to): optimization and generalization in machine learning, with applications to structured data such as in machine translation or speech recognition.
- Publish academic papers in leading scientific conferences and communicate their results.
- Collaborate with other lab members and visitors.
- Has a Ph.D. in computer science or related field (or is about to get one).
- A proven publication record in top machine learning venues (NIPS, ICML, ICLR, AISTATS, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY:
- CV (include your Google scholar profile)
- motivation letter
- name, affiliation and email address of three recommenders who could be contacted
to jobs.sail.montreal AT gmail.com .